Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Updates

Well, I haven't updated this in a while, I have just been busy with training and things. It is nearly the end of the holidays, and I have managed to get quite a lot of training in. So, what's been happening since I last updated:

Training in Penrith each Saturday - I have accomplished a few new movements and me and Robbie have found some good new areas. We have also been experimenting with new movements and such in our current spots. "Epic Spot" still is epic, and we spend quite a bit of our day there.

Had a session in Sydney, where I got a big precision near Darling Harbour. I looked at it when I first went to Sydney, and thought I would never be able to do it. Leading up to the city session, I had noticed big improvements in my precision distance and control, so I knew it was right on the edge of my limit, but I went for for it. Did a few nice front flips at Tumbalong Park aswell.

A few days after that, I went to a gym session in Homebush, my first one which was really awesome. I got to practise some new tricks into the foam pit, and I got piked fronts aswell. I am going to try those at home in the sandpit when I get around to it. I also did 5 double armed muscle ups that night, which I was really pleased with. I got them pretty easily aswell, with hardly any swing.
I slept at Robbie's house that night, and had a full day training in the Mountains with him. It was a really tiring day, a lot of walking, and a lot of training, but it was well worth it. I was so tired the next day.

I haven't been able to train at my full potential for the past week and a bit, due to a back injury I sustained whilst learning to waterski, but that is nearly better now. I think it is the muscles between my shoulder blades that got pulled and stretched and used for the first time extensively.

And the highlight of the holidays so far has been an interview with a journalist named Gemma, along with photoshoot with a photographer in Penrith. She contacted me after seeing the Penrith training video and being really amazed (looking back at it, I dont think it is that good). That took place yesterday, and Robbie and I had a great time. Some photos will probably look a bit faggy and staged, but oh well. The interview went great, we chatted for nearly an hour, and Robbie and I talked extensively about parkour and a lot of its aspects. The interview was less based on the movements in parkour, more about why we do it, the philosophies behind it, and mine and Robbie's journey so far in parkour. The article and some photos will be in either this week's Penrith Star or next week's, depending on space, and all the photos will be available online as a slideshow. When its done I'll link the page and maybe scan the paper.

It is my birthday soon, and my goal was to get double armed muscle ups, and seeing as I got them, I made my goal to get them consistent and regular. I can do them on certain bars, but not all. So I am doing conditioning to work on the transition and pull up part a bit more. Once I have that goal, I will keep doing them until I can do more and more consecutively, whilst working on my other goal of getting raise up handstands.

Photos, videos and newpaper things to come soon,

-J

No comments: